• New Look is recognized by The White House as part of the ‘Next Generation High School Summit’ for its commitments to making high school graduation and college acceptance more attainable for all students
• UNL serves 4,300 students nationally with three core programs, adding to the grand total of nearly 30,000 youth impacted.
• Usher and New Look announce plans for first youth innovation hub in Atlanta, the UNL Spark Lab, at CEO Partnership Breakfast hosted by GE President & CEO of Global Growth Operations, John Rice.
• New Look expands programming to Baltimore and D.C Markets
• New Look pilots first in-school Leadership Academies in the Greater Atlanta Area (Meadowcreek High School and Pebblebrook High School)
• New Look celebrates Sweet 16 Anniversary with the United to Ignite Awards Luncheon, honoring Ignitors of Youth Empowerment. Honorees included Ludacris, Georgia Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, UNL COO Gavin McGuire, UNL Global Youth Leader Elizabeth Williams, Michele Lai of Kids 4 Kids Hong Kong, Quinnie Jenkins on behalf of Southwest Airlines and volunteers Neal & Tasha Taylor. The event raised nearly $1 million for programs.
• New Look Atlanta youth Leader, Alexus Mitchell, earns third annual Usher Raymond IV UNCF Scholarship and becomes first in her family to attend college
• New Look Partner Organization, Kids4Kids Hong Kong, Announces Powered by Youth Forum
• New Look marks 10 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina Powered by Service trip
• New Look welcomes new President & CEO, Yvette Cook.
• New Look celebrates 15th year anniversary and over 21,000 youth served at the President’s Circle Awards luncheon. Honorees included Atlanta Mayor, Kasim Reed, Cory L. Nettles of Quarles & Brady LLP, Kami Luigs of General Electric, and UNL Atlanta global youth leaders, Mary-Pat Hector and Jasmine Pollard.
• New Look trains 4,000 students in Powered by Service Leadership programming in Atlanta, Milwaukee, New York and Detroit, including a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Music) Career Lab with Detroit partner Ford Motor Company.
• Partnering organization, Kids 4 Kids Hong Kong, trains 5th-7th grade students in UNL’s Powered by Service curriculum
• New Look Moguls in Training (College Program) youth intern with partners General Electric, Cartoon Network, the City of Atlanta (office of the Mayor and office of Film and Entertainment), Arby’s headquarters, Arby’s Foundation and Castle Painting.
• New Look Atlanta youth participate in ‘Day of Code’ event led by Georgia Tech University
• New Look Atlanta and Detroit students and parents are invited to Oprah’s inspiring ‘Life You Want’ weekend
• New Look has Presidents Circle Awards Luncheon honoring leadership through collaboration with partners like Accenture, Coca-Cola, and the Sweet Tea Project.
• New Look hosts Powered by Service in Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York, and LA
• New Look MITs conduct Powered by Service trainings in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
• New Look partners with Georgia Department of Education to create an entertainment business leadership curriculum course for high schools.
• Usher Raymond IV delivers keynote address, with participation from a panel of New Look Moguls in Training, at Emory University’s Undergraduate Business Leaders Conference.
• New Look travels to South Africa to conduct a PEACE is Powered By Service tour.
• New Look Partners with Accenture to digitally enhance program efforts through new online platform, iLead and more.
• New Look partners with Emory University’s Executive MBA Program to develop program certification.
• New Look Youth Ambassadors conduct Powered By Service training in London and Kenya.
• New Look Launches Powered By Service Tour in 5 US cities via Usher’s OMG Tour.
• 2nd Annual World Leadership Conference and Awards held in Atlanta.
• New Look youth conduct Powered By Service training in Hong Kong and Vancouver.
• New Look expands impact in Kenya, Haiti and Manila.
• New Look Issues a Call to Action for youth internationally. Youth from 17 countries mobilize to provide Mayor Wilson Jeudy with a Medical Mobile Clinic in Delmas, Haiti.
• First Annual World Leadership Conference and Awards held in Atlanta with 2,700 guests including, President William J. Clinton and Justin Bieber.
• Founding New Look Chairman Usher Raymond IV and Youth Ambassador James Harris testify before the Education and Labor Committee’s Congressional Hearing in support of the Edward M. Kennedy, Serve America Act, resulting in nearly $6 billion in funding for national service programs.
• Camp New Look officially becomes the New Look Leadership Academy, a 4-year program.
• Detroit becomes 4th New Look Chapter.
• New York becomes 5th New Look Chapter.
• 5th Annual Camp New Look held at Emory University.
• Powered by Service Campaign launches at the Clinton Global Initiative to bolster New Look 4 leadership pillars, mobilizing 5 million diverse young leaders to service.
• Milwaukee becomes 3rd New Look Chapter.
• Emory University engages to support curriculum development.
• 4th Annual Camp New Look held at Emory University, Atlanta.
• MIT Program officially launches.
• New Look nationally launches “I can’t but you can” voter registration campaign.
• President Barack Obama and Former First Lady Laura Bush recognize the significance of New Look’s programs.
• 1,000 youth served through youth conference sponsored by Casey Family of Programs.
• Los Angeles becomes 2nd New Look Chapter.
• 3rd Annual Camp New Look held at Georgia Tech University, Atlanta.
• New Look launches a mini-camp tour in Cleveland, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New Orleans, and New York.
• 2nd Annual Camp New Look held at Morris Brown College, Atlanta.
• Shawn Wilson hired as President, to transition New Look into a public 501c3 charity.
• New Look Foundation relaunch in NY at Capitale. Attended by Quincy Jones, P Diddy, and Andre Agassi.
• New Look’s 4 Leadership Pillars are established (Talent, Education, Career and Service).
• In response to Hurricane Katrina, Project Restart Concert raises financial resources to provide 1,000 youth and families from New Orleans with rent and utility assistance.
• Mogul In Training (MIT) program piloted.
• New Look Partners with Make a Wish Foundation.
• New Look provides funding to support youth in foster care and service programs.
- New Look founded as a private charity by Usher Raymond IV in Atlanta.