The new Usher’s New Look Spark Center continues to offer exciting new curriculum for New Look Atlanta high school and college students. One new offering, a 10-week Start Up Business Workshop taught by Mr. Daraka Satcher, is introducing students who have a “spark” for entrepreneurship to a blueprint for how to start their own business. Through this course, New Look students will be exposed to the tools they need to turn their own ideas into real tangible business. Following our unique model of career exposure through practical, hands-on learning, students will learn by contributing to the development of Mr. Satcher’s actual web-based startup- howigotinto, a platform for college students to share information about what they believe most helped them get into their institution of choice. Check out the 10-week curriculum at a glance below!
Interested in offering a program to our students in Atlanta, Milwaukee, Detroit or New York? Email your idea to email@example.com or click here to donate to our existing programs.
- Week 1 – The Basics- Exploration of learning about the different capabilities of the process; Discerning the talent in the room
- Week 2 – Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Week 3 – Introduction of howigotinto. What we’re trying to achieve with the site and philosophy behind it
- Week 4 – Determining the market
- Week 5 – Customer Discovery and why it’s important
- Week 6 – Ideas on making the site “cool”
- Week 7 – Utilizing social media
- Week 8 – Tools of Titans. Lessons from podcasts (TedTalks, Noah Kagan, Tim Ferris)
- Week 9 – Exploration of student startup ideas
- Week 10 – Wrap-up Session