“You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, get on your way!”
-Dr. Suess, ‘Oh the Places You’ll Go’
Congrats to our many 2014 UNL Detroit grads! They’re are off to great places and things! Check out their exciting summer plans below.
- Ajaneece Johnson- I plan to attend the Berklee College of Music in Winter 2015. I will be studying my passion — music– in Detroit until then.
- Franchesca Lamarre- “Currently I am set to attend the college for creative studies in the fall. I will be majoring in illustration and exploring concepts of art & design. I am looking for an opportunity to produce and create my art on a studio level , seeking jobs in the area of art & fashion design.”
- Sequoia Mitchell-I plan to attend Wayne State University in the Winter 2015. I will be studying my passion –nursing–in Detroit until then.
- Adam J. Taylor- I plan to attend Michigan State University in fall 2014. I will be studying my passion — Broadcast Journalism — in Detroit until then.
- Ireaby Jolly- I plan to attend Michigan State University in the fall of 2014. I will be studying Fashion Merchandising.
- Keyonia Moss- As High School grad, I will be attending Northern Michigan University to study Health information this fall in 2014. I will become the first Doctor in my family so I am very pleased to meet new people. Also, one day I’ll be your Doctor. I will be your best number one female to make a difference in life.
- Sharde Walker- After I graduate i’m attending Henry Ford community college for two years and then i’m going to switch over to Michigan state university and i’m am taking up veterinary medicine.
- Deja Jones- This Fall, I plan to attend the College For Creative Studies for Crafts/Fibers/Jewelry.
- Adrian Avery- I plan to attend Henry Ford Community College in the Fall studying business and I will be working on my personal projects such as Community leadership and advocacy.
Congrats to our other graduates and MITS!
Arius Holt, Davonte Ford, Quinton Vaughns, Jawuan Humble & Jordan Miller
- “This summer, I am interning with DTE Energy. I would like to thank my mentor Ben Frimpong, who nominated, supported, and encouraged me to do this internship. Additionally, I will be honing my#oboe skills this summer by attending the International Double Reed Society Conference in NYC. I will be interacting with and learning from other Professional Oboists and Bassoonists on a global scale.” -Myles Harlan, MIT
- “This summer, I will be preparing to study abroad in#Japan on a year long language immersion trip. I will be continuing my study of the Japanese language by taking classes in English and Japanese, as well as living in the culture.” -Demante Baldwin, MIT